Last updated: 24th May 2020
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies are then sent back to originating website on each subsequent visit. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s web browser or device.
Blocking and removing cookies
The easiest way to withdraw your consent to Cookies is via the settings of the browser or device you are using to access our services. Internet browsers such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera and Edge have settings that allow you to control the way your information is collected and shared. Typically, these browsers allow you to view all the cookies they are storing on your device, delete your cache of cookies, and adjust your preferences for future collection. Guides on how to access and use such functionality are available at https://www.aboutcookies.org. The downside of using browser or device settings to withdraw your consent is that it will have the effect of disabling many of the Cookies that are essential to enabling our services to function – the impact of this is that some or all of the features and functionality we offer may stop working. Because of this, we would recommend taking a more targeted approach to withdrawing your consent.
- Cookies on our websites may be set by us or by third parties under contract with us
- Our site makes use of both ‘session’ and ‘persistent’ cookies. ‘Session’ cookies remember information from page to page for filtering and completing searches before being removed when you end your session. ‘Persistent’ cookies enable our websites to recognise you when you make return visits to us, and remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date. Persistent cookies placed on your computer as a result of your use of our websites will never be stored for longer than 2 years from the date of your last visit.
- You may find below all the various types of cookies we use, why we (or relevant third parties) use them, and includes information you can use to control and learn more about the cookies used on our site.
- Essential: Essential cookies, as their name suggests, are vital to the proper functioning of the website. They enable us to remember your selections between pages, such as categories, destination, dates and the number of travellers, meaning we can pass that information on to our booking partners without you ever having to re-enter it.
- Optimisation: Optimisation cookies allow us to see and track anonymous use data such as click trends, so we can be certain the site offers you a consistently smooth, functional and pleasant experience. We use third party service providers to assist us with optimisation.
Data is collected and stored for optimization purposes on this service using technologies from Hotjar Ltd. (https://www.hotjar.com/ ). This data can be used to generate usage profiles under a pseudonym. Cookies may be used for this purpose. The data collected with Hotjar technologies is not used for the purpose of personally identifying visitors to this website and will not be conflated with personally identifiable information about the bearer of the pseudonym without the explicit consent of the individual in question. You may opt-out from having Hotjar collect your information when visiting a Hotjar Enabled Site at any time by visiting the Hotjar Opt-out page https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out and clicking ‘Disable Hotjar’ or enabling Do Not Track (DNT) in your browser.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or would like more information about the cookies used on our websites, please contact us.